Thursday, October 14, 2010

The First Two Weeks



The last two weeks have been fun and busy. Last Thursday I went to our first Thursday seminar and then to a group play reading of the Middleton play 'A Chaste Maid in Cheapside' and then to the pub afterwards. On Friday I decided to butch it up a bit and go play futbol (I have to spell it the Spanish way or else I feel like I confuse myself....this is futbol as in soccer). My team almost won, if it jut wasn't for those last 15 minutes. Saturday and Sunday were pretty boring; I worked in the library and hung out with a few friends. It turns out that Stratford-Upon-Avon's nightlife makes Ashland's nightlife seem like New York City. It is that dead at night, even on the weekends.

On Monday and Tuesday Stratford had The Mop Fair. It is kind of like those traveling carnival fairs in the parking lots back home, but bigger, more expensive, and relatively safer. It was started over 500 years ago as an employment fair. After the harvest all of the workers, who were only employed for a year, would gather in the town holding their work implements (like mops) in the air, displaying what their trade was. Two week later all the employed people who did not like their new masters would run away to the Runway Mop Fair; so in two weeks we will be having the Runaway Mop. A few friends and I went. I went on a ride that was like the zipper meets the scream tower at the Puyallup Fair. I ate chips and curry and walked around for a little while.

I turned in an application for an apartment across the street from the church where Shakespeare is buried. I hope I hear back from the letting agent by tomorrow morning so I can move in tomorrow and not have to pay for the next week here at the B&B.

I spent all day in Birmingham at lectures and the library, I don't know how the girls who live there travel back and forth everyday. I have play reading tonight, in about 2 hours, we are reading 'Arden of Faversham'. Tomorrow night is futbol....hopefully we will win this week. We also picked the play for the Institute Players, it will be The Comdey of Errors. I plan on auditioning.

Well hopefully I will update this more often so people don't have to remind me. I will try to attach some pictures from The Mop.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pictures Jas! Reminded me of Salisbury...Gotta tell the boys you are playing soccer!! What's next rugby??? Be careful! Hope you get the apt. Who knows you may be visited by a ghost! Sounds like you are living the life you dreamed of... Love you, Aunt Jenny

    ReplyDelete