Sunday, October 24, 2010

THE BELLS!!!! THE BELLS!!!


I moved into my apartment three days ago. It is a small one bedroom with the bedroom being a mezzanine upstairs and everything else down stairs. It is in a walled area directly across from Holy Trinity Church, where Shakespeare is buried along with most of his family. I am in one of eight units that partially surround a central courtyard (called a close). You can see the spire of the church, which is about 800 years old, from my front window.

And that brings me to the bells. Holy Trinity has a series of bells that are rung every day, especially on Sunday morning. I woke up at 7.45 this morning to the sound of bells, and they have gone off three times since, each time for about 15 or 20 minutes. Thankfully though I am enjoying it, at least for now.

I played and lost futbol on Friday (I am beginning to think I am bad luck, but at least I have good time playing). I have been working on a paper all this weekend for my Social and Cultural History of Renaissance England class; it is going well and I may have to actually cut it down, as it is getting long (there is a 2,000 word limit).

My friend who lives in Birmingham is going to be staying with me most of next week, as the train line between here and there will be closed for maintenance.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention: I tried out for the Shakespeare Institute Players' production of The Comedy of Errors, and I am Antipholus of Ephesus (or is it Syracuse, I think Ephesus, I always mix them up......they are identical twins separated at birth).

No comments:

Post a Comment