Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Making Pumpkin Puree

(I meant to do this months ago, but forget)

Here in England (outside of London, at least) buying canned pumpkin is very expensive.  I have a can I bought at Selfridge's for five pounds.  Each Fall I have a major urge to add pumpkin to various baked goods.  In order to give in to this urge and not go bankrupt, I have started to make my own puree.  Here is how you do it.

STEP ONE:  Cut up the pumpkins (obviously)


STEP TWO: Boil, steam or roast them until they are cooked and tender.


LOOK!  THEY ARE COOKED!!!!


STEP THREE: Peel the pumpkin chunks.


STEP FOUR: Puree the mash.
STEP FIVE: Strain under pressure to remove excess water.

For some reason, blogspot is not letting me upload the last few pictures.  Oh well!






No comments:

Post a Comment