Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving in Stratford

Last night was Thanksgiving dinner at the Windmill Pub across from the Institute. There were about 35 people there, about maybe half were Americans. The pub provided turkey, mashed potatoes, veggies and roasted potatoes. Many people brought food as well. I made green bean casserole (from scratch, since I could not find the cream of mushroom soup) and cranberry sauce. Unfortunately the pub also made cranberry sauce, so I have a lot left over.

I will post pictures later; my camera died right when I got there and so I have to get pictures from friends. I will tell you that there is a fantastic Turkey Hat making an appearance in many of the pictures.

This morning I went and joined the gym at the Holiday Inn. It is small but the Leisure Centre next door to it is more like the YMCA, and I don't want to deal with little kids and families running around. Since I got here I have been sure that I have gained weight, but if the scale at the gym is correct I have lost almost 15 pounds, I am now were I was before I quit going to the gym. YAY!!!

I almost forgot to mention this. I went to meet a friend for drinks on Tuesday night after rehearsal. He was meeting some friends after they had dinner to celebrate a birthday. When I walked in to the room where they were sitting I noticed someone with them who I recognized. It was Stanley Wells, potentially the most well known and knowledgeable Shakespearean scholar alive, and maybe of the last 100 years (ok, I may have a bit of an academic crush on the man). We talked and had drinks for about an hour before Stanley left. Do you have any idea how terrifying it is to have Stanley Wells ask you anything pertaining to Shakespeare? because I do! It was a good night. God I love it here!

This afternoon is futbol. My friend is taking pictures so I will be able to upload those this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment