Tuesday, September 28, 2010

In London

I got to London early this afternoon. I learned something very important about Icelandair: when they say there is a weight and dimension restriction on carry-on items, they are lying! I spent maybe an extra hour repacking bags last on Sunday night once I read that there was a 13lb. weight limit on carry ons. It turns out they don't care as long as it fits under the seat or int he bin. Well poop.
I am staying with the friend of a friend who lives in Southwark, just south of Tower Bridge. I misread the directions to his place and ended up walking around the round-about twice, carrying all three bags plus my carry-on (it might help you to pity me if you know that the round-abouts here, which were originally called gyroscopic circuses, are about 8 to 10 times the size of those we have in UP). by the time I found his flat I was covered in sweat and smelly. I took a shower and then he and I went over things I should do tomorrow.
I am really tired right now, drinking tea trying to get a pick me up so I can have the energy to be able to go for a walk to Tower Bridge and The Tower (as in 'Of London'). I am really looking forward to my first pint of Strongbow and Chips and Curry Sauce, it is delicious!
I plan on going to The Temple Church, St. Paul's Cathedral, Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace and then possibly out to see a show tomorrow night; I am thinking either 'The Mousetrap" the new musical version of "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert".
Well good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment