Saturday, March 3, 2012

Life is too short to wear boring socks!

I was sitting with some friends the other day, eating lunch, while wearing some amazing yellow, blue and red argyle socks. My friend noticed the small amount of color showing from under my jean cuff and said "While do you always wear such bright socks?"

"I'm just impressed that they always match; I can never find a matching pair." My friend Zelda said.

My response, which is the same when asked this questions, was "Life is too short to wear boring socks."

When I first moved to England I had English friends make fun of my boring"white American socks." One time at the gym, I was even identified as The American with American [white] Socks. So my first Christmas in England I decided to use some Christmas money to buy my first, non-boring socks for daily wear. I now rarely ear the "American socks."


Since then I have bought more and more colorful (dare I say fabulous?) socks. Above is a picture of my sock-mobile that hangs above our fridge (see previous post for a picture of it in my garden). The pair on the right are those I was wearing when my friend asked the above question.

To the left is a picture of my socks. Since summer is coming, the cheap store in Birmingham (Primark) has all their new bright socks out. I am looking forward to buying the neon-argyle they have in.

Yes, I am a sock weirdo! :)

VIVAN LOS CALCETINES FABULOSOS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment